Tuesday, May 31, 2011

End of Year Reflection – Greatest High School Obstacle




My freshman year I moved around a lot and had many difficulties, I almost did not pass ninth grade. I lived with my grandma in Corona, CA, but a week after the year started I dropped out because we were moving, and I didn't return back to school for two months. It upset me that I was falling behind, but I didn't care that much. When we moved to Perris, CA that is when I got into a lot of different drugs, and completely stopped going to school. At the time I did not care at all because all I cared about was the drugs I was on and having fun. One night my aunt had enough kicked me out and I realized I was on my own and I needed to change the direction my life was going. I moved back up to San Diego,CA with my mother. I tried hard to get back into school, but no one would accept me because of my background and it was the end of the year. I was upset for allowing myself to be so irresponsible, so I enrolled myself into Charter School San Diego and there I went four days a week for three hours. I went to summer school and finally I got caught up with my grade. I felt relief that I was able to get caught up in such short time. I've learned that I need to take my education more seriously and not be irresponsible and do drugs. I am happy to say I been clean 1 year 1 month and 21 days and my grades have been better than ever!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that because I myself have been clean for one year, six months, and 28 days.

    ReplyDelete