Monday, May 2, 2011

President Obama’s Big Announcement




To learn about Osama bin Laden’s death, I read http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704569404576299500647391240.html and learned that when we first learned Bin Laden might be living in the compound was in late August 2010. First, US troops hired CIA analysts to calculate the probability that Bin Ladin actually resided in the compound. Next, they provided pres. Obama with all their information and probabilities and got the go from president Obama. Then, Sunday they received the final go and helicopters set off to go carry out the raid of the compound in Pakistan. Finally, The troops found Bin Ladin on the second floor of the compound as Bin Ladin tried to defend himself with a firearm US troops shot him in the left eye and he died. Now, I feel like Bin Ladin's followers are going to retaliate on the United States.






 Now that I have read/watched the news, I predict that they are going to want to retaliate on the United States. One thing I predict is al Qaeda's followers will find a way around the homeland security and bomb the US. I think this will happen because they have a history of using bombs as a way of completing genocide, so they will use it to their advantage and do it again. Another thing I predict is al Qaeda's followers will end up assassinating our president. I think this will happen because we have killed Osama and they will probably think it's the only way to be equal, kill a leader for a leader. I hope the United States is able to protect ourselves from the middle east and we are able to have peace.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about getting bombed by terrorists, but Homeland Security has everything in lock down after 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that Osama was a great leader to them and that anything could happens America needs to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, better half! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete